It also tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Our goods and services are aimed at adult users (age 18 and over). This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
blackdogcreations.co.uk is owned by Samantha Lodge and is located 8 Mill Corner Fleet Hampshire GU51 2UX.
- Blackdogcreations.co.uk social media
- All correspondence with blackdogcreations.co.uk
- Blackdogcreations.co.uk advice requests
- Blackdogcreations.co.uk newsletters
Blackdogcreations.co.uk goods and services
- Personal data which we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We collect a variety of information about our customers and visitors to the blackdogcreations.co.uk website. This personal data falls into these categories:
- Identity Data includes title, first name, last name, username or similar identifier and an encrypted version of your login/password. If you interact with us through social media, this may include your social media user name
- Contact Data includes shipping address, billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us
- Profile data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services
- Tracking Data includes information we or others collect about you from cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, and mobile identifiers
Marketing and communications data includes your preferences in receiving direct marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.If you choose not to share personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide the products and services you’ve asked for.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions
- You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or through chat or social media
- This includes personal data you provide when you:
– Sign up to receive the blackdogcreations.co.uk newsletter
– Make enquiries or request information be sent to you
– Create an account on our website
– Order our products or services
– Ask for marketing to be sent to you
– Engage with us on social media
– Enter a competition, promotion or survey
– Contact customer services; or
– Leave comments or reviews on our products or services
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with us, including via the Blackdogcreations.co.uk website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We may also collect Tracking Data when you use our website, or when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on third party websites).
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various types of third parties, including:
Technical Data and/or Tracking Data from analytics providers, advertising networks and search information providers
Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of payment and fraud prevention services
- Data from any third parties who are permitted by law or have your permission to share your personal data with us, such as via social media (for example if you share a product to sociial media or if you contact us by social media)
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances.
Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you. For example, when you purchase our products, that’s a contract and we will need to share your name, products purchased and shipping address with our suppliers.
Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. For example, keeping records of our sales for tax compliance.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than where the law requires it, for example in relation to sending certain direct marketing communications. Where our legal basis is consent, you have the right to withdraw consent any time.
Advertising, marketing and your communications preferences
We may carry out direct marketing by email for example, you might have the blackdogcreations.co.uk newsletter sent to you.
On our website, we always try hard to make it really clear what we are doing and what communications you will be sent, whether it’s you deciding to sign up to the blackdogcreations.co.uk newsletter or as part of creating an account. You have a right at any time to change your mind and say no thank you and opt out (but we’d be really sorry to see you go!). The easiest way to opt out is to use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the communication.
Of course, there are lots of different ways you’ll see adverts for blackdogcreations.co.uk out and about, and not all of these are based on using personal data – sometimes we just buy space on websites and social media. if you see blackdogcreations.co.uk’s adverts on social media, these will not be directed specifically at you, we just buy space for targeted groups of people, not specific individuals.
Here are some things we may do that may be specifically directed at you:
• Emails, for example the blackdogcreations.co.uk newsletter
• Discount codes
Cookies help Blackdogcreations.co.uk work better and provide lots of help in the background to make the process of being a Blackdogcreations.co.uk customer a lot easier. You’d miss a lot of these things if they were gone – like it being easy to log in and move from page to page, and things staying in your cart while you go off and look at other pages.
Other cookies collect information about how visitors use Blackdogcreations.co.uk, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is used to improve how Blackdogcreations.co.uk works.
There are also cookies that allow Blackdogcreations.co.uk to remember choices you make (such as your account user name and password).
When you use Blackdogcreations.co.uk, your device or browser may be sent cookies from third parties, for example when using embedded content and social network links. It’s important for you to know that we have no access to or control over cookies used by these companies or third-party websites. We suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Disclosures of your personal data
We may share personal data with the following categories third parties:
- Suppliers and service providers (such as technology service providers, payment processing and fraud prevention providers, manufacturers and post and courier services)
Auditors and professional advisers like bankers, lawyers, accountants and insurers
- Government, regulators and law enforcement
We share personal data with the following specific third parties:
- We also share anonymised data with third parties connected to analytics
- We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- Unique payment identifier
- Payment provider identifier
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we will comply with applicable data protection law. Some of the mechanisms we may choose to use when undertaking an international transfer are:
The transfer of your personal data is to a country that has officially been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
PayPal is based outside the EEA, so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
We take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will only keep the data for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. It should be noted that we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the internet. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have retrieved your information, we will use strict procedures to try and prevent unauthorised access.
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data; see Your legal rights below for further information.
Your legal rights
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
We have to be transparent about any profiling we do, or any automated decision making.
You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information in this policy. You have the right to to ask us for a copy of your personal data in a common format (for example, a .csv file).We will try to respond to this request within 30 days. You do not have the right to this information if it discloses personal information about another person or if for legal reasons we are not allowed to disclose it. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Change, restrict, delete
You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. There are exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal or tax reasons). please use the contact details provided in this policy.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where, for example, your personal data is being processed on the basis of where there is no overriding legitimate interest for us to continue to process your personal data, or if your data is being processed for direct marketing purposes without consent. In such cases, Animals-Communicate will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal or tax reasons. If you would like to object to the processing of your personal data, please contact us using the contact details provided in this policy.
If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority. We would appreciate the opportunity to rectify any issues beforehand – you can contact using the details provided in this policy.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us (see How to contact blackdogcreations.co.uk about privacy).
These rights are subject to certain rules around when you can exercise them. You can see a lot more information on them, if you are interested, on the UK Information Commissioner’s Office website.
How to contact blackdogcreations.co.uk about privacy
How to contact blackdogcreations.co.uk about privacy
If you need help about our products and services, or this website generally, please contact us here.
A little request from us to you
Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. You can do this by updating your account.
Publication Date 23 May 2018
Review Date 23 May 2019